Friday 16 September 2011

Loving my brethren

I have been touched in my heart. I was praying for Backpacker students and I was lead to goto Revelation 3:

"I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, [that] the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see."

While reading this I was lead by God to goto Matthew 25:31-46

I had to ask the question of God, why are you leading me to this scripture? Neither have anything to do with this student.

While contemplating the verses in Matthew 25 the penny dropped:

"And the King will answer and say to them, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did [it] to one of the least of these My brethren, you did [it] to Me.'

Because if you love my ethnic brethren, you are loving me.

They are not just God's people, they are God's people. They are chosen by Him.

The treatment that you have of His people, is the treatment that you measure of Jesus, at the end of the age, when He comes in glory He is going to say "What did you do for my brethren?" unequivocally the same as saying "Do you love me?" The Man who sits on the throne of glory will set the judgment straight, with merciful judgment. Because He is also the Man who it says "will give eternal life to any that He chooses"

He chose them to be His, He entered into covenant with them.

He sent His only Son for them!

This is unconditional love!

In Deuteronomy 7 it says:

"For you [are] a holy people to the LORD your God; the LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for Himself, a special treasure above all the peoples on the face of the earth. The LORD did not set His love on you nor choose you because you were more in number than any other people, for you were the least of all peoples; but because the LORD loves you, and because He would keep the oath which He swore to your fathers, the LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you from the house of bondage, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt."

We are confident then, that the kind of love that He has for Israel is peculiar. He doesn't love Israel the same way that He loves everyone else! He never intended it to be the same kind of love that He loves the rest of the world with. Every one who is loved of Him is loved peculiarly (or uniquely) this one is unique and special, precious, a treasure. This is the way that God loves us. Wouldn't that make you feel like loving everyone else in the same way, too? Saying "You need this love, too!"

No comments:

Post a Comment