Monday 11 July 2011

Embracing Cold Winds

Being winter this heading is kinda timely, I am able to proceed forward in getting my songs out there (that God has blessed me with) while sharing the motivation and by God's mercy, faithful sayings to help anyone that is wondering "how do I make sense of the situation I'm in? should I be doing something more?"

Well, since there's only one more thing to talk about, lets proceed. I've been struggling in this last season, it's real. My heart is not in the work that I'm doing. People presume too much, not asking how I am, we don't ask questions of each other. More than that, my heart says I don't deserve anything, I seem to be putting more focus on money, and not on sitting at Jesus feet. But this is not the whole picture. I'm proving my love for God by the deeds I do and not necessarily the words. So if you are not in this place, It's not what it looks like. What I mean is, you shouldn't ask for trials to come, or circumstances to happen.

So as I was walking home from church in Queenstown I wanted to talk to Jesus! you see, while at Church on the saturday we were all together, and Holy Spirit was pulling on my heart strings to go spend time with Jesus. Well I wanted to! It was not like I needed a reason, but I need motivation! So leaving early I wanted to talk with Jesus on the way home. I got home, but He hadn't said anything - so I said to Him "You want me to obey, don't you?" silence. I took that as a yes. But I had obeyed! I had obeyed when that nudge came and I said "I'll goto spend some time with Jesus" and on the way I had been thinking about how many neighbourhoods in the world it's unsafe to walk home at night time, and about spiritual attacks. So I had heard from Him! in my thoughts.

There is no more closer protection for you than the blood of Jesus which sanctifies you. His healing comes from His blood, His forgiveness comes from His blood. This blood is poured out over you. Not just a trickle. So when I was thinking about "unsafety" I really had heard from Him. Imagine what he is saying at the dinner table, when He says "this is my body" and "this is my blood" which made a new covenant. He knows that this unity is made possible through Him. The best times when Holy Spirit has turned up, are the times when we have felt so protected, as a family. The kind of stress, and anxiousness and confusion (or maybe a better word - being unsure) that arise within us God only has one solution. Holy Spirit! Because He's the Spirit of the Father and the Son, He embodies all that the Father is. What kind of feeling is this. I imagine when we stand before Father it will be simply this: Love. There is so much more to be had!

Somethings are hard to say. Hard things are harder. God sends cold winds our way to open us up to Him. In other words, the circumstances you face - whatever! - He is wanting us to go to Him. In this kind of love He will really be seen to love us - that we may reach out for this love. Then He will give us the warm winds of blessing, refreshment, affection, to prove that He really is who He says He is. Yes I would say that I want suffering! that may seem backwards. I will boast in my weaknesses and failings because "when I am weak then I am strong" - and it is all worth it. Put confidence in His ability to satisfy you. You don't need to be anyone other than who He has made you to be.

To make better sense of this, I will describe the kind of unity that exists between us. The ministry of Holy Spirit is expressed in the unity of the brethren. It is not about mushy feelings, but the working together of brothers and sisters that cultivates unity. It is this unity, not longed for but experienced that proves to us we are making progress, because the unity of Holy Spirit is put into us when we are born again into God, and it is this unity that Jesus is striving to preserve when he breaks bread for communion. We can rub each other the wrong way, but it's not out of reach to be blasted by Holy Spirit concerning another person. He died for us! What could seperate us from this love? In our zeal for wanting God we have been ignorant of the way God moves. And as a result, been sidelined. But God knows us better than we know ourselves - This means that just like walking home from church at night (alone, i might add) our unity cannot be stopped! we are invincible! This is my boast!

In my enthusiasm I forgot! Here is the song that has been birthed out of these circumstances that I find myself in.

Lover of God

No comments:

Post a Comment