Thursday 16 June 2011

An encouragement to forgive

Thursday, 16th June 2011

From Philippians 4:1-7

"Therefore, my beloved and longed-for brethren, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, beloved.
I implore Euodia and I implore Syntyche to be of the same mind in the Lord.
And I urge you also, true companion, help these women who labored with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and the rest of my fellow workers, whose names are in the Book of Life.
Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!
Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;
and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

This is a big deal to God. We must forgive one another! He says it with such concern, “I Implore you both” and then again “I urge you” The next verse is not some general statement. After Jesus rose again, He came to his disciples and breathed on them – receiving the Holy Spirit. Then he said “forgive one another” – Forgiveness is the ministry of the Holy Spirit.
He’s saying “be one together” and “rejoice together in the Lord – always” (I added the word together in – this is in keeping with the context)
Keeping in context, the one who is in perfect agreement with God and with man, they have answered prayer, they have perfect peace.
To anyone that is following this teaching, you are walking in the fullness of God because it says in Ephesians 3:18,19
“[that you] may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height--
to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.”
I love John – He ends with saying “If they were written one by one [all the miracles Jesus did out of His love for us] , I suppose [figuratively, remembering all the Love this man has for me] that even the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. Amen”
If you have anything outstanding against anyone, or even do not agree, I implore you, be of agreement.
Who wants joy? it is in His presence. (Ps 16:11) So take Him by the hand. Learn when He is moving, say “where are you going?” and ask Him to take you by the hand. WAIT! He wants to consume you with joy and gladness. Take confidence in that. I heard it from His lips “I want to consume you with joy and gladness”
For anyone that has received this as an email, I also add this bit at the end. If you are in a scuffle and do not do how to respond, find someone that you trust, and share with them what is happening, and ask them to pray for you. Someone that you can trust, someone who has the Holy Spirit. This is a big transition. I would not make decisions rashly, they are inspired by the Spirit. The word of God which he gave us, the Bible, contains instruction on how to live, when you have the Spirit of God He will give you revelation if you ask Him for it. Give Him time to speak to you. Take some time away to ask Him how He feels about you, what He sees in you

No comments:

Post a Comment