Wednesday 20 April 2011

God is my support

One of the speakers at Before Thy Face used this line in his sermon. Here is my journey in the last few days in faith and finances!

Jodi and I prayed after the church service on Sunday, with $6 between us knowing that we would somehow get to Christchurch. Jordan from THOP gave us some food and we received just enough money for us to make the ferry crossing!

What do Angus beef, blizzards in the desert and time travel have in common? On monday we travelled from Turangi straight to picton. Anthony gave us Angus beef burgers from Mcdonalds for lunch, we travelled down the desert road while a storm of rain and snow threatened the conditions, and we got to the ferry by 2:40 for the ferry crossing. It's impossible, we didn't have the time, God stopped time for us! God will get us where He wants us to go.

I've found that the best response to finances is to totally put it in God's hands, and say "You are my support" not to worry or fret, or be afraid. When I'm doing His will all day then I get excited, because He is doing it! He's doing it! that's freedom, showing up in the supermarket right when people need me. When I give him more, it's because I want to experience more of Him - more of His love.

I've been only trusting God half-heartedly, i've said that I am trusting Him and being led by faith, but i realized that I have left him out of alot of the decision making. I repented on the conference of that and said "I will trust you completely" - even when I don't know what's happening.

While I was travelling back to Christchurch and not getting messages from people, I quietly spoke to Jesus and said "I let go of this, I give it all to you" - then almost immediately, I had a crazy urge to go back to Oxford, but there was no way to get off on the motorway, so I asked Leah to drop me off at the warehouse in Belfast (I had pre-determined to meet there) At this time I do not have any idea where my ride is coming from. So when I get to the warehouse I sit down and thank God for the provision, and talk to Him when all of a sudden Jasmine and her mum and siblings call out my name. I said that I'm getting a ride to Oxford, but then I get a text from Rob saying he's at BLS. I realize God has provided! So I got a ride from Jasmine's mum.

I'm so excited to be on the frontline of hearing God's voice and responding to what He is saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment