Wednesday 8 December 2010

Conscience

To God, pure heart and clear conscience are at the top of the list. So if your conscience is sensitive it is a good thing - I stopped using facebook and twitter because I had a vision of Jesus and he looked at me and I knew that it was a question: "Do you want me or do you want something else?" I chose to lay them down in fact. It was joyful letting go of it. Even as I talk about it God is stirring it back up in me, I know this is a divine appointment. The reason being because I live the way that I speak so my lifestyle backs what I say. Because the Holy Spirit is more concerned with you having a clear conscience than if you do what He says. It says at the end of the age they will have a seared conscience which means it is dull to responding to blatant violations of justice. So it is a better thing if your conscience pricks you about doing something. In fact, David had a very sensitive conscience.
"Now it happened afterward that David's heart troubled him because he had cut Saul's robe. And he said to his men, "The LORD forbid that I should do this thing to my master, the LORD's anointed, to stretch out my hand against him, seeing he is the anointed of the LORD."" (1 Sam 24:5,6)
Even though he had been pursued by Saul for (lets say) 2 years, and also 5 years before then in Saul's service, He would not raise His hand to strike him, because of a question of conscience - He is the LORD's anointed. Think of it, 7 years! And by listening to His conscience probably one of the greatest signs of mercy in the Old Testament (if not the most) but it's not so important how great it is, just that we have this on record to say that David responded this way because of his conscience and obeyed the LORD. So having a conscience and obeying the Holy Spirit are connected by this. It's a terribly frightful thought that when was the last time your conscience was pricked about doing one thing when maybe you should have done it differently - The difference being in spending time with Jesus because you want to.

P.S This really is freedom. A Clear and Sure Conscience is what is real freedom. You give up what was a burden to you to receive freedom from Him, freedom to Hear His voice and to do His will

No comments:

Post a Comment