Saturday 19 April 2014

A day unlike any other

Then He also said to him who had invited Him,
"When you give a dinner or a supper do not ask your friends,
your brothers, your relatives, nor rich neighbours,
lest they also invite you back, and you be repaid.
And you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you
for you shall be repaid at the resurrection of the just"
and he said, "Blessed is he who shall eat bread in the
kingdom of God!" (Luke 14:12,14,15)

Hi everyone,

I would like to thank everyone who came along to celebrate my 31st birthday. Something to be remembered! and for the people that could not make it, or if you are wanting to know what happened. Read on! I promise you it won't be long! 


A lot of people came to my party this year! We basically filled up the entire restaurant. It's a small place for eating all sorts of mains, on Colombo St, Christchurch, called Samurai Bowl. I've never been to this Japanese restaurant before, and it worked out so well!


We even had some guests that I had not met before!Logan and Kate's Sister Beth came with Kate who is a good friend of mine. It made me think of the blessedness of being able to have a birthday and celebrate it with everyone. This is because it's really upto the host to make people feel welcome, and no one does this more than God - He after all can do whatever He wants with His riches. I live to be like my Father. It seems that this has been a theme about the party in general.


We arrived about six oclock and the dinner was started about 6:30 just in time for my brother Andrew to arrive. We talked amongst each other for a good time, and when my brother said that He would be a bit later we decided to start ordering our meals. He actually arrived just as most people were getting their meals.


It's been a fantastic experience and one that I'm not going to forget. My intention is to be in relationship with others and experience the JOY that God does over knowing and loving His family. So if you're reading this, I'm loving what God is doing for me at the moment! He really is the best prize in the world. I actually realized that I need this - i need love. and to love others. So I'm letting you know that i've changed and I'm not going to live independently any longer - unless that independence is what allows God to trust me with things. I could not do this without Him. That means that I'm excited to get to know you, and if God leads, to be a part of your life.

To really know you I need to change too. May God pour out His Holy Spirit, and may we know His will, His will is life. So whether I'm obeying God for amazing things, or just day to day eventualities, my future is in His hands. But what a paradox that is! appropriating the promises that God has given us through Jesus, and living it out in our lives.

May you know God's richest reward for you and know that following Him - knowing Him, pleasing Him and believing that He has reward for you - will lead you into right relationship with Him. This really is the only way to live

If you would like to know more, I am not going to be on facebook any longer, but I will still receive emails. If you want to be in contact with me just send me a message and I will tell you what's happening for me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment