Saturday 8 December 2012

Impacted by a card

This came in the mail for me today. While reading it, I was impacted by what it said. It is a card from the Voice of the Martyrs. I support the persecuted church. This is what it says:
"Thank you for praying for me, supporting me financially, and writing to me with words of encouragement. I am convinced that it is through your prayers that I was able to survive all the trials I faced. I left behind many brothers and sisters in prison, and I ask you now to pray for and help them too; that way my joy will be complete" - From Helen Berhane (Eritrea) who, for almost three years, was imprisoned in a shipping container and tortured for her faith.
I would ask that you remember me, and remember our brothers and sisters that share in sufferings for the sake of Christ. (Hebrews 13:3) Though we are worlds apart we still have this connection, that we are part of one another. This is true for me too. My suffering is a different one, being a kind of absence from knowing and fellowshipping with my brothers and sisters. This is because I have been impacted afresh by the cruelty of living in a spiritually impoverished nation. I am confronted by it every day, in my motives, in my actions and in my plans. Please pray that I would be free of the suffering of materialism and that I could connect with my Heavenly Father, who is my chief joy. I believe that If I just knew of the poverty that I'm experiencing, I would redound with fresh insight and clarity for the sake of the Gospel and Christ's kingdom. It is something that I want to always have clarity on. This is because life does not come from without but it comes from within (John 10:10)

This is all that I'm asking of you for this time. Share with me and my brothers overseas who know what it means to suffer for the sake of Christ. I find afresh that I am wanting to share my faith with those around me, pray that I may have the boldness to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment