Saturday 24 November 2012

On being afraid in myself and turning to God for guidance

-->
I have times when I am exasperated and full of fear, in these times, I cannot muster the courage to free me from fear.
It strikes me that I am dead, and this fear is what is crippling me on the inside.
But this is not the truth, when it comes to sin, I am no longer affected by it. Not that I do not go on sinning, or that my behavior is not sinful, but being Christ’s I am no longer of this world, I have been brought into the reign of grace. This is what Paul speaks of when He addresses the Romans, to sin no more. (Romans 6:1)
What truth this is! I am free! Free from the taunts of the enemy, the condemnations, the doubts, the disasters. They can all come upon me, God does not save me from them, but in this I have great assurance, that I can reign with Him.
I have been thinking lately about how our sin is a crippling effect on God’s own glory. This is what it says, doesn’t it? That we have fallen from the glory of God, in fact, we before Christ came and saved us, were under the wrath of God because of unrighteousness and ungodliness, because we suppress the truth of God, and worship a lie.
To this God announces a very clarion call, “By no means will you sin” When I am afraid, I am unable to do what God is asking, because I have put fear before my obedience to Him. This runs in contrary to our discipleship. If we continue to say no to the prompting of the Holy Spirit, we are saying yes to disobedience. Before I continue I want to make something clear. Sin and death are diametrically opposed to this new way of life that we live in God. It is because he loves us that he freed us for our good. Anyone who comes to God then is a believer of the truth, because the truth is what makes someone free.
I want to and choose to obey God, even the things that are hard and difficult, because I love Him. This is quite impossible to live if you have never known the awakening power of the Holy Spirit, to change your heart and enlighten your conscience. The very fact that you can love God and choose to follow Him, shows that you are on the right path. But we still have much sorrows to face before entering the Kingdom of God. It is in these times, that we need much courage, and tenacity, to take what has been given to us, through the Holy Spirit, and apply faith.
God says that faith is needed to believe that God exists and that he rewards us. I want to assure you that if you hold true to God in Christ, and do all that he wants, you will be loved by Him and you will come into His Kingdom. Take what you have been given as a deposit and ask for more, so that you can be mature in Him and know the graces of our Lord even more – He is just asking of you to take the same frame of mind towards Him and know that He is faithful, and so do it. Wage a war against sin, and the enemy, preach the gospel and know His healing touch. Know His love, these are all things that the Holy Spirit teaches you. It is all in Him to live the life that is Holy. In this confidence go and take the world for Him, for what you know of Him is true, because He has given you the Spirit of Truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment