Thursday 19 July 2012

Save me, O Lord!

"Save me, O Lord, for Your servant who trusts in You
Let me not be put to shame"

These are the only remaining words of what I can remember waking up to this morning - which I imagine to be what God is teaching me right now.

A few weeks ago God saved me dramatically from a slew of things - of which he has added to today.

While I say this, I want you to know, I am not grateful for the fact I am saved! I could not stop talking about it, how God, in his greatness, delivered me! For it was from myself, my enemy, and my God that God came through. You ask, why? Well, it's because He alone sees my heart! He alone loves me! The clouds unfurled their billowing darkness, but it has turned out for light for me!

God is the one who saves, not I! That means, nothing will seperate me from this love! The one thing that people are scared of asking "Why, O Lord" is the reason for my great deliverance! In fact, He repeatedly brings me back to this! Why? Why?

I am feeble, my thoughts are enough to put me in prison. If I am lost it takes little to be lost, forever. My own heart does not know what to say. It felt like my bones and my frame were on fire, and that when I came to, I still had not been delivered.

So who would have known, but that God during the time of sleep, went and did battle against them, and I woke up, a new man! My strength is liked a wild ox, my arm can bend a bow of bronze, I scoff at my enemy who has been vanquished forever.

Let me add a little guidance to this, If you are thinking "But why would He do that for You, and not for me?"

He is the greatest, He himself gets the greatest praise, Worship is the highest response to what He does. I have postured myself in my heart, to wait for His salvation and when He saves, I am filled with joy. No one will be saying to me "why is your face downcast?" in that day

The added dimension in this is this: If He could save me any time, in fact, if my weakness is so attractive to Him, why does He not come through for me? And you ask a very profound question. Selah

No comments:

Post a Comment