Monday 30 July 2012

Being chosen for a People Group

There are two things that are being repeated over me today.

The first is "be a little child" - this is the easy part

The second is a thing Art Katz said. "The place he will call you is the place that He has pre-eminently chosen for You"

It was a phrase used when describing the leading of the Holy Spirit, in Acts 16:6-10

Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of Galatia, and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia, After they were come to Mysia, they assayed to go into Bithynia: but the Spirit suffered them not. And they passing by Mysia came down to Troas. And a vision appeared to Paul in the night; There stood a man of Macedonia, and prayed him, saying, Come over into Macedonia, and help us. And after he had seen the vision, immediately we endeavoured to go into Macedonia, assuredly gathering that the Lord had called us for to preach the gospel unto them.

It has been a bit of a "yes, no" season for me, with Gods leading.

I do not mean God changed His mind! Ask my leaders at YWAM

It has literally been, a yes, yes, yes, NO door, where I have been leaping through doors and saying "this is where I'm going" to find it abruptly shut.

I am trembling as I write this, of the implications of today.

In a way, my ability to write this out, has been cut short, too. And sometimes you do not need to have the words all together sometimes.

What is on my heart is in connection with this "harvest out" by which the Holy Spirit gloriously leads. I kind of feel honoured, to be spoken to with such instructions, by the Holy Spirit himself. But there is something that I have to say: Do not look at me! What is happening is far bigger than myself!

Look in me being chosen for a people group. The enormity of that statement, and the glorious wisdom by which God is making this happen.

I will try to be succint when I say this.

It has to do with LOVE. When I am looking back 10 years from now, it will not be the things that I have done - but because of God's heart - for my people. What I mean is, showing up at a soup kitchen, and told "put on an apron and start serving" - or being asked to lead the youth program. Knowing in that moment, "I am here, and I'm doing this for one man, and He is worth it"

The crazy thing is, NO ONE go, unless you are chosen for a people group. Where did this choosing come from? If you have read the last few entries, I will be succint, It is because He said "I am pursuing YOU with my love" - I want your love. It is because, His purpose, is THE purpose. All I want is to be able to say to others the great things that God is doing IN ME, and that is exactly WHAT IS happening. My joy, is actually connected with the reality, that I am the Bride, and that my JOY being that others are hearing about that, in whatever way, is actually reminding me of my relationship with Him.

The question that is on everyone's mouth "When are you going?" is made irrelevant, not because it is not important, but the day is set already, August 2nd!

It's made irrelevant, because You just got to look inside me and hear my heart to know that He will do what He has promised. Is it really so hard to believe that God knows the journey that I'm on? that He knows the future? is that impossible for Him? I do not even have choices anymore, I have the heart of Jesus.  And He is the one fuelling me to be in Jerusalem for my wedding.

I want to be succint with the last part, that God the Father is incarnating me into a people group, he is birthing me into a people group, and this is two-fold: That it is a complete immersion, no longer alive. That it is instantaneous, it will happen, just like that

This is like it says in Psalm 2, where it says "Ask of me, and I will give the nations to you" - it is referring to Jesus, but there is a flooding that is happening in the church right now, Sons walking in their inheritance

The part that is hard to say, and which has left unsaid is the most important part. But I have no words for this part. See Him as the glue which holds everything together. My JOY is only fulfilled on the day that He marries me.

While I was lead along today, I bought a pair of boardshorts! Go Jesus! in fact, I got them on special, for under half price! He was using the experience to show me that I am being stretched out of my comfort zone, I do not even know what they are used for! How do you use them!

No comments:

Post a Comment