Wednesday 20 June 2012

They overcame (1)

This will be the title on a series related to growing spiritually.

I would like to put the nail in the coffin so to speak, as I write this I'm fighting feelings of inadequacy and in particular, thoughts from my former way of life - using my freedom to go play video games.

If you are like me, the idea to go to another country and spill your blood for the witness to Jesus Christ, scares you. O, but it's worth it.

While going off to work last night, I was filled with grief, because I was alone, and because I was going to miss my friend, before she left to go back to Wellington. I had to sit down numerous times and simply be composed. However, it did not last, within a few moments, my vision became unclouded, I rose to work and did not stop! Why? because I grasped the reward. My work for Him is eternally rewarded. I am doing the work unto Him!

Let me change tack here. My friends, this is why suffering is crucial!

This is why suffering is temporary and it has a purpose.

You see I had been thinking to God, all that I am wanting is peace (Is 38:17)

The thing that you have to understand is this, I do not consider myself to really know what I am talking about, I am growing. This is how I want to grow.

My destination is set, I will say "God you have made these sufferings to come" It is God who has brought these sufferings.

What makes it worth it is seeing His face on the sea of glass, without hinderance crying out "I Love you!" What makes it worth it is the way that we holds my heart in pain and hurt. What makes it worth it is the look on my face when I realize his love is very peculiar!

If you don't choose Him you're only choosing temporary happiness and temporary sorrow - that is the only alternative! 

I want to finish with a passage from Revelation 15
And I saw [something] like a sea of glass mingled with fire,
and those who have the victory over the beast,
over his image and over his mark [and]
over the number of his name,
standing on the sea of glass, having harps of God.
They sing the song of Moses, the servant of God,
and the song of the Lamb, saying:
"Great and marvelous [are] Your works,
Lord God Almighty!
Just and true [are] Your ways,
O King of the saints!

No comments:

Post a Comment