Thursday 14 June 2012

Behold, the Lamb of God!

After 500 years of silence, it was over!

Exploding onto the scene was a man, they came out to Him from everywhere to be baptized by Him in the Jordan.

The chief priests and scribes sent a group to inspect Him, and to find out who He is.

To which he replied,

I am, 'the voice of one crying
in the wilderness:
prepare a highway for God
make straight His paths in the wilderness'

It was finally over, the people knew that Messiah was coming, because here he was,
or was he? "No, I am not the Messiah, I am not Elijah, I am not the Prophet"

but that meant, who are you? why do you baptize?

Actually, the one that I want to focus on is not John, but on whom he proclaims. What erupts in my heart, and causes me to listen will be who He proclaims. John called himself, "the friend of the Bridegroom" that means, He gladly listened for the voice of the Bridegroom.

it was in this Spirit that he spoke, "He must increase, and I must decrease" - his whole ministry, all that he did, everything that He said, was for the sake of Him who He proclaims, and seeing He comes, the natural consequence will be that everything that He has come for in this time will disappear, and the one who will get the glory will be the one whom He was sent for.

Go find the love of the Bridegroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment