Monday 23 April 2012

YWAM Update: Dreams, Visions, and Seers

A few months ago, while I was in Whangarei, visiting my friend Steve who did the Around the World School last year, I found a book which changed my life. This book is called The Modern Seer by Jim Driscoll. I was planning on contacting my parents and catching up to let them know how my trip was going, so while having the conversation, I mentioned how I had started reading the book. It is basically this: God doesn't want to just speak to us, he wants to interact with us, and while this may be hard to understand, God wants us to be children again who are fascinated and filled with life. There are just 2 ways mentioned in the book which stop us from interacting with God in this way. The first is traumatic experiences in our childhood related to dreams, or anything of that sort, the second is when we have stepped out in what we see and people have not received it - both lead to saying to God "I do not want to know you in this way" I understand that there maybe a lot of "If's and questions" that arise from this, however I just want to get this out there, for your sakes, so that there is honesty and common understanding.

 I said that God wants us to be children again who are fascinated and filled with life. While I was with God this morning I ended up reading a passage from the Book of Ezekiel, Chapter 16, where it describes the Love of God towards Jerusalem, His Bride. There is a phrase there at the beginning of the Chapter, saying "Cause her" [to know her abominations] Pay very close attention to what is being said here. This is an informative instruction. I used to hear that this occured alot in the book of Ezekiel, all I've ever heard has been, "these are redundant words" (putting it in a simple way) actually they are not redundant. Do you hear what is being said here? Just like when I read this book, the Modern seer, God is himself saying "i want to informatively instruct you" in Spiritual Life. In other words, Ezekiel is really receiving pictures and visions, while in His body, that He can share with those he is to talk with. This is just one example.

This actually makes me ENJOY interacting with God in the ways he communicates with me. This actually changes the way I pray, relate and talk to God. Actually, it gives me a good reason not to think my own interests (like playing piano and reading the bible) are the best things I can do hear on earth, because IF I can relate to God in the Spirit (which is better by far) I should not think it strange that He makes relating to me far superior to anything I could do on earth. I have to say that I'm not being proud or arrogant when I say this, because the effect of hearing that I can actually relate to God - whether in the kitchen, on the toilet or in my bedroom - Absolutely everywhere! has been a far bigger appreciation towards God and what He does for me.

I just have to say, Jim's website - stir the water - I have not been able to do any exercises yet for lack of money, but I found his source material - The Book of Ezekiel! It's my studybook to interact with God in the Spirit (Colossians 1:8) By saying this, I am not suggesting that He does everything for money.

I would like to share some of the things that have happened at YWAM in the past few weeks. I have put up a few photos. In March we celebrated the Graduation of the Justice Discipleship Training School. God was using it to really solidify in me, that He really likes me - not for what I do! I have struggled with being accepted for who I am, not what I do, and praise the Lord! I am free of that! Do you know God likes You? He doesn't just Love you, He likes You! You are the one that He gets the most enjoyment from! That means, that I do not have to concern myself with anything except who He says I am. I am His Son and His Bonded One (Bride)

The last week of March, Juddy, Kent and I helped the Oxford Baptist Church set up their Easter Camp area, over at Spencer Park. we helped set up 4 large pavilions, and move the furniture, pool tables and table tennis (among other things) into these areas, each also had a lot of carpet to unroll.

While at Church on Sunday, 15th of April, God provided for me to go out to YWAM last week. On Saturday He gave me Joshua 3:5 which says "Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow I am going to do wonders among You" So I believed it. The end of the service I was lead to ask for prayer, because God was doing something in my heart, and I wanted to be enabled to share it with others - my going forward for prayer was the first step of obedience. Then after I received prayer, I went to the back of the church, to find Robin! The first question that came out of her mouth was "So what's been happening" (I had a conversation with her, about 7 weeks before then) I laughed because, God had obviously surprised me with this - What I had wanted to share with Her, was exactly what had happened at the front of church - asking to be enabled to share it with others. As a result of the conversation, I was able to go to YWAM for the week, because God had provided the support.

This is all to say, my heart is really living by Faith, trusting in God's character for me, that He is my provider - and that my heart really is at home at YWAM. I think I'm just about ready to go on a journey.
My work buddies, while clearing the Prayer Walk of Non-Natives - basically Tangling Vines
Helping set up the Tents at Easter Camp
Up Above Craigieburn??? while 4-wheel driving
Funny photo of Steven Thorne

No comments:

Post a Comment