Saturday 10 March 2012

God's Sovereignty: Properly Biblical

I would like to share the story with you of how God has been moving me gently into the wide freedom of God's sovereignty.

A while back, I had a profound fear which came from thinking about how I'm not giving God anything, and ultimately that my recognition of God means nothing to Him. It properly made me decide I should submit to God's sovereignty without questions. That I am not in charge of saving myself, indeed, I cannot save myself. If my sin is rebellion to God then he is right to throw me into hell for ever and be tormented without mercy. God's judgment cannot be put into question! For Him to judge demands that we recognize that we are sinners in His hands, liars, and condemned.

The marvel of this (if you can call it that) is true freedom. Seeing I cannot earn it and can do nothing, then I am truly free.

All that I have written this far, is all found in the bible, and you do not need to twist the words, they are written in black and white. Our problem arises from our sin. we are rebellious towards Him, the cure is His providence, His sovereignty. When Jesus came for salvation (that is what His name means) He really did, save. He promptly became the Lamb through which we can enter into relationship with the Father. We really did nothing to deserve it. God's glory is magnified. If we cannot take the credit for it, then we are not glorified. This is faith: Believing in Jesus Christ. So long as it is by faith, we do not work for it.

Embrace true sovereignty. All the biblical writers did, they were inspired by it! In fact, if you take it to it's end you'll find God. He Himself is Sovereign.

No comments:

Post a Comment