Thursday 28 July 2011

Journey to Israel [Settled]

Before I start, I have to say. God gets all the credit for this. I was walking back home and realized I had wanted to start my journey to Israel posting about how it's challenging me and the excitement and all the rest. Now I'm here and It's being posted!

Precisely 2 weeks ago, you could have looked in my bank account and thought "this guy can't even take care of normal bills let alone making a journey to Israel" I didn't have enough money to get back on the bus to Oxford. While I think about it I realize, infact, I hadn't even been paid for the work that was given to me by God's provision - How he had lined up some work for me with Ron and Chris at a house north of Oxford - near Ashley Gorge. But I'm still settled, after all, it's not my life it's Gods.

And today, my plane ticket is bought, ground fees are paid for, and my debt at YWAM is being paid off. This just shows me that God gets all the glory for this. My heart was racing on Saturday when I knew that God had fully paid for all that I'm putting my hand to, making it all about Him, and relationship with my brothers and sisters (who are my brothers and sisters by the blood and life of Jesus)

However the last week has been unsettling in alot of ways. Don't get me wrong, I love my travel agent! These are just being ironed out in my character. I remember someone saying once "If you ask for patience, God will put people in your life that test your ability to stay calm and wait" well here's a story to support that. Today my prayer was simply "You are my rest!" And while I had to sort out some niggles regarding flight plans, the prayer was answered. My anxiety, and calamity! regarding going through airports was turned 180 degrees - Now I'm adventurous to find some airports to run through! that's an answer to prayer if ever I saw one. And I'm really going to miss you, who i've been physically present with while I'm gone. That is proof of love too.

This is just my idea, but I think being settled is absolutely necessary! it's so important! It's to do with being rooted in God's love. Knowing my identity is founded upon what He says about me and that He likes me. Basically, I was surprised when I realized that I do not need to be a better Christian to show God I really love what He's done for me. I just need to be settled.

It's not just that he saves me out of my troubles (!) but that He will deliver me out of all my troubles and confirm me to the end (into His kingdom)

What goes on in my heart is not always clearly visible, and I am not sure that people understand my intention. Or that I have said the right thing! But that's what God wants. It would be so boring otherwise. The Love of God changes my heart! It's what matters! everything else is secondary!

I want this same settling feeling in Israel. My lion's roar is being developed! absolutely courageous and daring in love!

No comments:

Post a Comment