Saturday 18 June 2011

I'm making a stand

For OBEDIENCE.

Let the world know that I am no longer going to be rebellious, I'm becoming a slave to OBEDIENCE. OBEDIENCE is everything. OBEDIENCE is freedom. OBEDIENCE is the NARROW way, it costs everything to obey God. OBEDIENCE can sometimes not make sense at the time, we do it because He said it, and we love Him and trust Him that it will work in the end. He is not labouring for vanity, He is labouring for a good purpose. His good purpose is worked out in me, I want to call it pleasure, because we have great reward for OBEYING. OBEDIENCE feels good. It is sweeter than honey, it is more costly than gold and silver. I say I do not know what you are doing right now, and I feel like I am also free to do what I want, but I will not use my freedom as an excuse for vice. I choose to believe that in obeying God he gives us the desires of our heart (because the prayers we pray to Him are heard by Him and He accomplishes them). In this world where we can do what we want, and then come to God and say I'm sorry, I'm making a stand. Because we are His we can't just do what we want. Some questions that arise in my heart are "God why are you allowing this to happen? why am I feeling squished and put in a can? Where is your way out?" I feel like since it's so narrow that there's no way that I can loose, because there's only one way forward. Another thing that arises in my heart is this: "I do not have any timing indicators, that show me when to do things, my sense of urgency goes out the window" I did hear you say what you did, but I get a feeling that it may not be achieved when I say - My times are in your hands- And thank you that you love me. I feel like I'm on a roll here. What does it matter that all the world is thrown up in the air and everything is not settling, if we pull it off then it will be the best clown act ever - and everyone will be applauding. I know where my audience stands, and they are on the edges of their seats waiting for the curtain call and the cast to come out. They stand up in uproarious applause, "encore!" they say, "encore!" because God is the Savior, he will deliver, He is my Redeemer, the battle is won up in the heavenlies where Christ Jesus stands. My stand is only an act compared to His standing, chief cornerstone, defeated the gates of Hell and Death, intercedes on my behalf. My stand is only obedience, His stand is finished. My stand is to freedom, but His stand cost Him everything. No fear of death, He beaten, no trial and temptation strengthens, He is stronger, no voice of accusation, no fear of misunderstanding, no loud mouth voices making their stand. There is silence and peace. When He defeated death on the cross, He was securing my eternal, paradisical, unrestrained, joy and pleasure for Himself. Nothing will be a chore when I remind myself of Him, the joy only increases, the peace only manifests, the pleasure only deepens, the satisfaction only rests. I will rest in peace, and I will be secured, because the LORD gives me peace and rest. See why I cannot depart from Him? When I stand before Him I am victorious, when I minister to Him I'm signing the death warrant for all my enemies. What kind of freedom is this? What kind of love is this? I could fail to mention all the FAITH that the patriarchs mustered- in the hope of Christ - that they were waiting for. But we have Him, he is known by us, we know Him by name! That means complete access. I need to go and celebrate somewhere! Death defeated every sin tangled, Justice accomplished, Final, Finished, Finito! Yes and Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment