Saturday 7 May 2011

YWAM Update: Follow up

Hi there, everyone!

Coming from Christchurch, NZ on a cold and rainy day. There must be many angels in Heaven pleased with seeing the earth nourished and plants growing today. It's been a while since I sent out an update. So, if you're in Christchurch, or even if you're not, sit down, get a hot drink and enjoy! That sounds like a good idea...

Well, after the ellipsis. Anyone can go on an adventure. Without God it's hard. Just under 4 weeks ago I left to hitch hike to Tauranga, this is the first time I have traveled long distance hitch-hiking. New Zealand is the safest place to hitchhike in the world. But my safety was not because of physical safety. God had said to travel so I did. It says in Psalm 3, and Psalm 4:

"I lay down and slept; I awoke, for the LORD sustained me." (Ps 3:5)

"I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; For You alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety." (Ps 4:8)

What a joy to step out knowing that God is with me!
What a dread to stay home and know that I've disobeyed Him.

While I was traveling I had to make my way across the ferry. I have a cool follow up story to this ordeal that I faced. You see, I paid the whole price for the ferry which was $55 (actually they said, "this is a very cheap fare, it can get very expensive") God of finances knows that I do nothing for money. He sees my heart (I had to add that bit in) When I looked in my wallet this last week I actually found extra money in my wallet. It was like God was saying "I am reimbursing you for the ferry travel" You see what had happened was this. I had $20 in my wallet when I came to the ferry building. And fully convinced I would be able to get on the ferry with $20 I walked upto the ticket terminal and asked for a ticket, please. For $20. After speaking with the manager (I had no desire to get cheap tickets, it was because I was told I could cross for cheap)

I paid the full fare. The money I had for traveling (that is Hitchhiking) was gone. I stepped on board the ferry and was inwardly angry. What had I done wrong? Had I not heard from God? Actually, if I hadn't been on the ferry I never would have met a nice 2 people that are from Israel, whom I considered traveling with. But my excitement comes from knowing that I did hear his voice, completely! and leaving everything to Him. To run ahead undaunted (the money I found in my wallet was an extra $20)

Thank you for the support you give in finances and prayers, and thank you for being a part of my life. I am overjoyed to know you. Because God has given me to you

No comments:

Post a Comment