Sunday 28 July 2013

Priesthood and Prophet

This is a prophetic word addressing the crisis in our nation we have people that are meant to be in full-time service ministering to the Lord and praying, when they are flipping burgers at Macdonalds!
I am speaking to myself when I say this. I felt a divine jealousy rise up in me when I realized that my vocation in life was heading towards something else - something that does not include God in it. I know the jealousy that is at stake here - just like Jesus when He was in the temple courts as a young child said "I must be about my Father's business" - to His parents.

The title comes from the Old Testament where the Priesthood and Prophetic Ministry were spent devoid of the law and listening to the contemporary voice of the day - they weren't doing their job which was to hear the voice of the LORD and make it known to their contemporaries of the day. It is true that the clarion call came from individual prophets who spoke in the Lords name to the elders of the land, but an important dynamic exists in making a following after the prophetic word - denying this reality makes us deny the voice of authority which comes from God - we are leaderless and without clarity in a generation that is constantly seeking to know what God demands and requires.

Without further ado, here is the word.Priesthood and Prophet

No comments:

Post a Comment