Friday 4 June 2010

"A Mint of My Mouth"

This started a few weeks ago, before Steve left to goto Uganda for 5 weeks. It suddenly occured to me that so many of my friends whom I have met and since parted ways with are off in the remotest parts of the earth. These people that I know! That are excellent. And unique, and have no fault. I was thinking of my friends in the Around the World and 80 days school from YWAM Oxford in New Zealand. So i decided I better do an update to them sometime! (what did I have to say back then except that my friends are in another country. Good on them!) I really want to see them.

A few weeks passed by. Steve left for Uganda, I stayed at my parents house, and then moved out to Oxford to base staff at YWAM. I think we're in for alot. It really occured to me, grieved me that alot of things had changed, and there was nothing to hold onto. Then all of a sudden! what would you expect from God??? my immediacy and reality and experience all came together and found myself praying and worshipping for them. This ain't the first time it happens. Even as I write this now it gives me a great deal of comfort (knowing that God has spoken in the same way, twice) May you know the Holy Calling and presence of God. May you be aware of his hand. May you reach out to him and find him, may you look to him and see him, may He do the impossible. There is nothing impossible for God!

Worshipping, i don't even mean our "lifestyle" worshipping singing out what is being stored up in you. Get off your backsides and do it! any and every where. I don't even want to sound like i'm ordering people but the next thing is going to blow your mind: He already knows. Nothing is impossible for Him! You are being led on the winds of Heaven. So... i feel i could camp here forever.

But there's more. I get the sense that God is being slow to you. Allowing you to make the most of your time and achieve all that you have (for them) for them. for you. "All that have loved his appearing" time is going slowly. Really slowly. So I can. It says in Titus 2:13 "looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ," He's coming, live as though this were your last day. Looking forward to Him. He has cleansed you and purified you to be zealous for good works. Even when I met you I saw an explosion it was like a small nuke. It's good to see it's still going. Actually as long as you goto Him it will never go out. But you know that! How marvellous would it be if no one was lost at all. And that's what I've prayed heaps and heaps. That we are all here part of what is happening. There is none left strangers. Everyone is known by God. I want to know everyone because God knows them!

Today, if you hear his voice. "A Mint of My Mouth" A Mint is like a testing stone. I'm saying "everything that comes out of my mouth I want to be tested" but there's no test. Encouragement is the mint of the mouth. If you have something to say to someone, encourage them. It won't just be them that is blessed, you'll also be blessed. Shoot! why did I use that word! BLESSED is a good word. Look it up.

EVERYTHING has become good to me. Nothing bad. That must be a good place to be. Right? I can't do this alone. Why would I want to, I want to hear what good things people have to say. and not bad. Who would want to speak bad of someone else? I should probably tell a story. I want to live upto the good things that people have said of me. Because they've been so kind and loving. I hold myself to this, that I will be faithful, i will be trustworthy! If that's what they say of me, that's what i'm going to be! I don't want to rest until all the words spoken to me have come to pass. Not a man can claim to have made it all! There's nothing i can do! Feel free to mock me or punish me or say anything you want, because there's nothing I can say to what God says about me. His view of me doesn't change. It is reverberating in my ear even as I write this. He is screaming out (or is that me?) my bones are brittle. This is hard to bear. This must be him calling me. This must be something that abides. Oh i love that word...

His commitment doesn't fail us. It outlasts us. the moment we die the moment we are alive. Who wants what God has to offer? put your hands up? Who wants what he has to offer? Just come, and come and come and flock to the light.

The call has gone out.
The people are being gathered
They are coming before God
God who made covenant with them
It's here, you know. It's right here
My God what is here?
What is here?
Tell me, what is here?
God is here
in our midst
God who gives life to mortal bones
Raises the dead
Has made me listen
I can't turn away
I must listen
3 are one
They are all together
There is no seperation
There is no division
It's all one there's no beginnings or ends
It's because he DWELLS here
Makes his home here
Lives and breathes here
makes mountains move here
He is not SILENT
though I be silent before Him
I will not utter a word
nor speak, nor demand
nor transgress his commandment
to wait on me.
And with waiting comes rest
comes fulfillment
comes destiny
How do we wait God,
how do we wait?
Yes, I want to wait

No comments:

Post a Comment